Wednesday, March 07, 2007

No ground-breaking news here, I am just quite thrilled that my original "dream car" made it this long. It was the #1 item on my list of items to buy once I landed a real job. Sadly, I didn't wait long (less than a month after being hired) before I raced to the dealer and ended up signing up for a nasty 13% 5-year auto loan. Ah, isn't youth wonderful!?!

It really has been a great car though. We have driven that thing all over the eastern half of our country with hardly a hiccup. The beach, Metallica concerts all over the place, Steelers games, and even the Hospital to bring our first child home. Each one of those trips brings back fond memories of me and my mamma cruising down some highway listening to music turned up way too loud. It will probably be a while before we can do that again, now that we are proud parents and minivan owners. Let's just hope it lasts long enough for us to pay off that shiny new minivan. Here is to 100,000 more wonderful miles!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, cars work. Admittedly, they take up a great deal of space, but America is blessed with space, square mile upon square mile of space that has permitted the population to comfortably spread out into suburbia (yet another source of hatred to the planners).

Post a Comment