Thursday, April 24, 2008

The trend continues as my Bearcats continue to move in the right direction. Rivals.com lists their top 12 non-conference games of the upcoming 2008 season, and the Bearcats' road trip to Norman, Oklahoma ranks #8 overall. It certainly will be interesting to see how well we stack up against a perennial powerhouse like Oklahoma. If you ask me, this matchup serves as a true measure of how far Brian Kelly has brought this program. Here is the breakdown of the game from Rivals.com:

8. Cincinnati at Oklahoma, Sept. 6: This is one of five Big East-Big 12 matchups this season, and each has some intrigue. If Bearcats QB Ben Mauk is given a sixth season of eligibility, the game becomes even more interesting. The Sooners' rebuilt defense will get a test from a diversified Cincy offense, and Sooners QB Sam Bradford will be throwing against the best pair of corners he'll see all season. But will the Bearcats be able to run on the Sooners?

In other Bearcat news, Urban Meyer (fellow Bearcat alum) had some very nice things to say about the Bearcats and the direction they are headed after paying a visit to Nippert Stadium to watch a spring practice. Here are a few quotes from the article:

"The facilities are phenomenal. That practice was a legitimate practice with a bunch of good football players."

"I'm leaving here going, 'That was legit. ... That team is going to challenge for a championship.' "

I seem to be repeating myself alot lately, but I can't help it. I am continually impressed with the progress that Coach Kelly and the whole athletic department is making in the quality of facilities, athletes, and promotion produced in support of the football program. Even this weekend's Lettermen's Weekend seems to have stepped it up a notch. I'll report back after Saturday's "Bearcat Bowl II" with my impressions of how our program is shaping up.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UC will challenge for the Big Least title this year no doubt. Ben Mauk is the real deal.

It seems to me that the bearcats are lacking in only one department: TIGHT ENDS. I mean come on, I dont even know who their joke starter is right now, nor do I know anything about his stats or season. I can tell you this: he is no JA. Therefore he must suck. the Cats will never have a good tightend when compared to the venerable JA.

On a side not I saw a girl on campus the other day wearing a UC sweatshirt. I thought about asking her if she knew who JA was. I didnt ask though, I just assumed she did and went on about my business. Do you see that JA? Everyone knows about you and your records!

I heard a rumor that they were considering tearing down the entire university back in the 90's and just turning it into section 8 housing. But then they got this phenom commit named JA from the AK. Upon hearing the news the president of the university tore up the plan. Just something I heard from a friend of a friend.

P.S. I do think UC will be awesome this year, and I think Coach Kelly is the real deal, and a class act.

Anonymous said...

This site is lamo!!!

Post a Comment