Thursday, September 27, 2007

From Enquirer.com: "We came here for selfish reasons," Kelly said, "and that is for my family. My wife, my family, we really love this area. It's not about jobs anymore. If you asked me at Central Michigan, yeah, I would tell you that we were looking for another opportunity there. I'm not of that same mind-set here."

Let's hope that my biggest fear about Coach Kelly's hiring doesn't ring true. After all, for decades UC served as a stepping stone job for dozens of big time coaches. I know of at least a dozen coaches that were at UC during my 5 years who are now head coaches or coordinators are "major" college programs or in the pros. Why won't Brian Kelly join them?

The only long-term hire that, I believe, would stay is a UC alum. Someone who TRULY loves UC. Hopefully Coach Kelly means what he says, but many have made that same statement. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment