Tuesday, September 25, 2007

During my years at UC, we had a couple of sell-outs, but mainly due to the big-time teams/players on the other side of the field (Tim Couch and Kentucky, Edge and Miami (FL), Ron Dayne and Wisconsin), . The one exception to that rule was a UC/Miami-Bastard-Redskin/Redhawk triple-OT classic (the greatest game I ever played in). Our teams sent many players into the NFL, set a few school/conference records, and even led the nation in a few statistical categories. But we couldn't sell-out on our own, no matter who in the top 25 we beat.

Don't get me wrong. As I said yesterday, you would be hard-pressed to see someone more excited about UC's new-found popularity than me and my family. We, especially me, are extremely loyal to our alma mater and their sports teams. However, the local Cincinnati fans are a bit more fickle. All of a sudden, Bearcat football is the hot ticket in town. Let's hope Coach Kelly keeps this thing rolling in a positive direction and sell-outs can become the norm. After all, it is only 35,000...

Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment