Sunday, June 24, 2007

Parenting whirls you through all kinds of emotions as you watch your children experience new things. Pride was the big emotion this weekend. Sure, I have been proud of my little ones many times before, but seeing one of them do their thing in front of a sizeable crowd, without missing a beat, marched this memory up to #1 on Leia's list of proudest moments for Daddy.


This weekend, my brother-in-law got married down in "The Nasty" (Cincinnati, in case you were wondering). Leia served as the Flower Girl in the wedding ceremony and was a HUGE hit. She stole the show and made me realize that I will be a total wreck when she walks down the aisle for her own wedding.

Leia nailed both test runs in the previous night's rehersals and rose to the occasion when it was showtime. After sending her off just before the bride, I walked on my tip-toes along side her (outside the pews, of course) craning my neck to see her over all of the wedding goers. Seemingly everyone who showed up the reception told us how beautiful our children are and raved about how well Leia perfomed during the ceremony.

For those of you saying, "Dude, all she did was walk down the aisle and smile. Why all the fuss?", give it time. You will understand one day when you have kids.

Congratulations Princess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment